Category Archives: Business
The most stunning ads, whether on TV, newsprint or online, don’t always translate to the best Boulder Creek real estate agent for the job.
- If you found the right property for you, it’s time to make the next move. Start writing a formal purchase offer. Then continue with signing a real estate contract.
- In most states, the seller is obliged to provide their buyer with disclosure documents:
- Preliminary title report
- Specific local documents like copies of city reports
- In California, part of the disclosures are earthquake hazards report or a geological survey.
- To make sure that the contract price is the right price, an appraisal is done. The lender is the one who sends out a third-party appraiser which the the buyer pays for, to confirm that the said contract price is not far from the neighborhood’s comparable sale price.
- As part of the contract, the seller have the right to to have a property inspection. The most common one is a called “general property inspection.” ( The inspector checks the property from the foundation up to the roof.)
- In addition to making sure the property appraises at no less than the known contract price, the bank will want to fully approve your credit, your debt and your income.
- Just before closing the sale, make sure property is in good condition.
- Depending on what market you’re in, the closing may be done at an attorney’s office or with the present of an escrow officer.